Something I Learned: No Argument

Hello Sippers,

Lately, I have been keeping busy with the self-improvement theme of this quarantine. Reading, working, and learning to better myself while stuck inside the boundaries of my house. The latest book on my lap being one that had been gifted to me on my birthday: How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie. One that I will instill the first lesson from the first chapter on you now.

Lesson 1: Don't Criticize, Condemn, or Complain

From this chapter I have changed the way I go about conflicts.  Such as, when I disagree with someone I don't criticize their decisions. Giving someone your criticism does absolutely nothing but to put the person receiving the backlash on the defensive. They feel the need to justify their actions. Most criminals, at least according to the book, don't see wrong in their wrongdoings but see their doings as a public service.

Three Quotes from Chapter:

"I learned thirty years ago that it is foolish to scold. I have enough trouble overcoming my own limitations without fretting the fact that God has not seen fit to distribute evenly the gift of intelligence." -John Wanamaker

"As much as we thirst for approval, we dread condemnation."- Hans Selye

"God himself, sir, does not propose to judge a man until the end of his days." -Dr. Johnson

Purchase The Book*

*Please note: I do not make any profit from books. Just enjoyed the lessons.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We Sippin Tonight: Drunk Blog- Why Girls Go for Assholes Instead of Good Guys

What's In My Cup